(Qualitative and Quantitative Methods)
Our research, teaching and engagement activities build on many years of expertise, based upon a guiding principle of excellence, both in terms of academic rigour and societal relevance. Our team is composed of staff with diverse backgrounds.
Through this unique skills mix AFRI CIRD have the capability to undertake research from initial concept through to implementation. Our researchers are engaged in local, national and international research from theoretical work to developmental based studies.
We focus on the following Thematic Areas:
- Agriculture, Entrepreneurship & Business Development
- Anticorruption, Rule of Law & Access to Justice
- Conflict, Peace and Security
- Democracy and Good Governance
- Gender Analysis and Development
- Women and Youth Development
- Organizational Support & Development
- ICT Support & Development
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights
- Social Welfare/Protection
Our research strategic goals are:
- To retain, recruit and develop researchers of the highest calibre and attract the best international and Nigeria based research students, with a particular aim of building productive research teams in our core thematic areas.
- To create a strong, productive and resilient research culture that promotes innovation and collaboration with national and international researchers and to develop collaborations with world leading academic institutions where there are research synergies and complementary expertise.
- To build on our established partnerships with public health organizations, health and social care commissioners and providers, practitioners, policy makers, industry, end-users and the public, in the co- development of robust research, and to support improved implementation (and thereby improved impact) of our research.